Selling your property - 7 tips for updating your bathroom on a budget
Property is usually one of the largest assets a person owns and when you come to sell it's important you prepare your property to look the very best it can.
Home Staging will transform a beloved and lived-in home into a terrific asset that people will aspire to live in and assist you in getting the best return on your investment so you can move onto the next stage on your property journey.
Staging your property will help show off its best assets and a home stager will help you achieve this in a cost-effective way.
The bathroom and kitchen are both important rooms when selling. Tired looking kitchens and bathrooms will put a buyer off or result in a lower offer as the price of updating will be factored in. If you want to get the best price for your property, then updating these rooms to look the best they can, is a must-do.
If your bathroom is looking tired or dated and you don’t have the budget to change the whole bathroom then read on for some useful money-saving tips
- Clean the tiles and grout, if this won’t clean up then consider re-grouting as this will freshen and brighten the space. Consider painting the tiles if they are a very dated colour but stick to neutrals or white
- Replace any worn shower or bath seals
- Paint or replace any worn or dated bath panels
- Flooring if worn then replace with simple vinyl flooring
- Replace worn shower hoses, toilet handles, and seats
- If the taps are worn or dated then replace, thermostatic mixer bath taps with a shower attachment can be bought for as little as £65
- Paint and decorate the whole area walls, and trim, which will immediately freshen the space
Take a look at the photos below where we transformed a tired and dated bathroom into a fabulous space using the above money-saving tips.